Planning a trip away?

Before staying away from home, it’s important to check the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement.

If you will be away for longer than your tenancy agreement allows for, please do let us know. Not only is it a breach of your tenancy not to tell us, but it could cause wider problems.

For example, several pipes burst in the recent cold weather, some of which were due to residents being away from home and not leaving the heating on. This caused significant damage to multiple properties.

We understand it’s expensive to heat your home, but it’s important you do so to protect yours and your neighbours’ homes from flooding. Please get in touch if you need financial assistance with paying your gas bill; there is lots of help and support available.

And if you claim benefits to help cover the cost of your rent, you should also let the DWP/Local authority know you’re going away. It’s important to ensure your rent is still paid even if you are away from home.

Rosebery Housing is a trading name of Town and Country Housing, which is a subsidiary within the Peabody Group and is a charitable Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, registered with the Financial Conduct Authority No. 30167R. Registered office: Town and Country Housing, Monson House, Monson Way, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1LQ. Rosebery Housing provides housing and repair services to customers in Surrey and West Sussex, supporting sustainable communities by forging strong partnerships, working closely with local customers and creating local jobs.

Select a contrast level
Select a font size
Send message