Gas Safety Week takes place from 11 to 17 September 2023 and we are joining in celebrating its thirteenth anniversary. This is a pan-industry event that sees everyone coming together to achieve one common goal – to keep the nation gas safe.
Take a look at our top ten gas safety tips below!
- Work with us to arrange visits for a Gas Safe registered engineer to fix, repair, service and install your gas appliances
- Ensure you check both sides of your gas engineers Gas Safe ID to confirm they are qualified to undertake the work required
- Keep on top of your services and ensure your appliances are serviced annually – you can ask us for a copy of our current Gas Safety Record
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning; headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapsing and loss of consciousness
- Check your appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly
- Check you have a carbon monoxide alarm fitted and let us know if you don’t
- Keep vents and chimneys clear
- Use gas appliances for their intended use only
- Know the emergency procedure. If you suspect a gas leak contact 0800 111 999 immediately
- Share your gas safety knowledge with friends and family.
Thank you to everyone who has helped to support Gas Safety Week in the past. Please join us in 2023 and pledge your support today.