Which appliances use the most energy?
Do you have a Smart meter?
If not why don’t you contact your energy provider and ask for one as it shows you how much energy you’re using in near-real time. With your smart meter in-home display, the energy usage of any household appliance can be measured as long as that appliance is connected to your gas or electricity supply.
Always make sure to keep note of what your usage is before you turn on the appliance you’re checking.
Energy Saving Tips:
- Shorten your showers to 4 minutes,
- Choose a water efficient shower head,
- Turn off your appliances from standby mode,
- Avoid using a tumble dryer,
- Choose the right energy saving light bulb,
- Turn down your thermostat,
- control the dial on the radiator if possible.
Adjusting your thermostat to only when you require heating and hot water will save you money. If you are unsure how to do this, please get in touch.
Here are the main providers websites: