What is condensation?
It’s warm moist air, which is produced by household activities like cooking and bathing.
It happens when this air hits a cold surface, such as a cold wall or window.
If moist air cannot escape outside of your property it stays in your home. It’ll move around until it finds a cold spot where it can condense.
If you are experiencing condensation?
Have you tried:
- Placing salt in a dish and put it in front of the windowsill. This will absorb the moisture.
- Use pan lids when cooking.
- Closing your kitchen door when cooking and ventilate the room by opening the window and using the extractor fan.
- When using your bathroom, close the door and ventilate the room by opening the window and using the extractor fan.
- Dry clothes outdoors if possible. If not, dry them near an open window or where there’s good airflow.
- Open curtains/blinds during the day.
If you have tried the tips above and you are still experiencing mould, then please email us at: