The role of the Virtual Scrutiny Panel (VSP) is to explore, examine and test Rosebery’s customer-facing services on behalf of residents. The VSP then makes recommendations to Rosebery’s Board to improve services and increase customer satisfaction.
The VSP recently completed a service review of ‘Vacant Property Management’. The decision was taken to look at this area as Rosebery set up a new in-house ‘Void Team’ in 2020 and we wanted to understand their performance compared to the previous work of the sub-contractor(s).
The definition of a ‘Vacant Property’ (void), is an empty home that is usually waiting for some work to be done or for a new tenant to move in.
What did they review and how was success measured?
The VSP reviewed a huge amount of evidence, starting with Rosebery’s policies and procedures, testing compliance and performance against service standards. This required a number of ‘reality checks’, and interviews with key Rosebery staff and sample surveys of new residents to gauge customer satisfaction.
The key areas of interest of their service review were:
- The difference types of vacant properties.
- Performance between sub-contractors and the newly formed in-house void team.
- The types of repairs carried out within vacant properties.
- Why turnaround times could be different depending on the property.
- How to achieve the quickest possible turnaround time and understand the type of issues that causes delay.
- Evidence of standard prior to letting.
- Value for Money with void standards and the repairs carried out prior to letting.
- Customer satisfaction with the void standards.
Findings and recommendations
During the service review it became clear to the VSP that Rosebery’s performance on the management of vacant property was very good and they were impressed with the quick turnaround times. However, at the end of their review they put forward four service recommendations.
The VSP’s full findings, recommendations and action plan following their review of vacant property management can be downloaded below:
The VSP are planning to start their next service review which will be looking at ‘Estate Services’ covering communal cleaning and ground maintenance. Currently our VSP only has four members, so they are keen to recruit more members.
So, if you would like to get involved and become a member of our VSP, to help review Rosebery’s customer-facing services, please email the Customer Experience Team for more information.