Don’t forget to pay your new rent

From April 2021, your rent will change. You will have received notification of these changes at the end of February. Here is some guidance on what you need to do next.

If you receive Housing Benefit

We will notify the Local Authority about your new charges. You should check that any changes in your housing benefit entitlement from April are based on your new rent.

If you are claiming Universal Credit

It is your responsibility to let Universal Credit (UC) know about the changes in your rent. You will need to report the change in your rent by Monday 5 April 2021. We can support you with this task. If you need help please call us on 01372 814 000 or message us through your My Rosebery account.

If you pay by Direct Debit

We will adjust your payments for you,considering any arrears owed. If you do not pay by Direct Debit You will need to amend your payment yourself. This includes notifying your bank
if you pay by standing order. If you need any help calculating the amount you need to pay, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.

If you will have difficulty paying your new charges

You can get in touch with our Income Team who will be able to provide advice and support to help you manage your payments. You can find out about any benefits you may be entitled to by talking to a Tenancy Sustainment Officer, your local council’s benefit office or Citizens Advice.

Keeping your account up to date

We would like to remind all residents that all charges must be paid in advance. It’s important that you pay your rent and any other charges in accordance with your tenancy agreement or lease, and that you don’t let your account fall into arrears at any time.

This applies to all residents, regardless of whether you receive benefits to help with your rent. Please get in touch if you have difficulty making payments at any time and we will always try to support you.

Rosebery Housing is a trading name of Town and Country Housing, which is a subsidiary within the Peabody Group and is a charitable Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, registered with the Financial Conduct Authority No. 30167R. Registered office: Town and Country Housing, Monson House, Monson Way, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1LQ. Rosebery Housing provides housing and repair services to customers in Surrey and West Sussex, supporting sustainable communities by forging strong partnerships, working closely with local customers and creating local jobs.

Select a contrast level
Select a font size
Send message