Leaseholders FAQs

  • How do I extend my lease?

    We’ve prepared some guidance notes on how to extend your lease.

    Leaseholders guidance notes
  • I would like to sell my home – do I need to inform Rosebery?

    You do not need to tell us when you want to sell your home. Once you have a sale in place, your solicitors will contact us for a sales pack and this will include information about charges you pay and any works we are planning to carry out to the block you live in.

  • I would like to make a major change to my home - can I do this?

    For any major changes to your home, you will need to inform us in writing before undertaking any works to your home. Please fill out the form below with your relevant information and we will contact you.

    Changes to my Home

  • What are my repairs responsibilities as a leaseholder?

    You will be responsible for repairs and maintenance inside your property, including your heating system.

  • What are Rosebery's repairs responsibilities?

    We are responsible for the repair and maintenance of the structure of the building and communal areas. You pay a share of any works carried out.

  • What are service charges and how are they billed?

    This is the charge that covers the cost of repairing and maintaining the structure of the block and communal areas where you live. It also includes the cost of providing services like cleaning and gardening and lighting. We estimate this charge at the start of the financial year and carry out a reconciliation after the end of the financial year, which may result in a request for additional payment or there maybe a credit to your account.

    If your services are carried out by another company known as a managing agent, we pay this company for the service and recover your share of the cost from you through your service charge. The managing agent estimates the service charge and provides the breakdown, which we then send to you. They also carry out the reconciliation, which may result in a request for additional payment or there maybe a credit to your account.

  • Can I sub-let my home as a leaseholder?

    Yes you can sub-let your home. You need to let us know that you’re going to do this and ensure that we have your contact details in case we need to contact you.

  • Am I allowed a pet in my home?

    Your lease says that you will need our permission so please contact us through your My Rosebery account or call us if you’d like to have a pet.

  • Am I allowed a Sky dish in my home?

    We do not give permission for satellite dishes to be fixed to our blocks. This is due to planning restrictions. However, some blocks will have a communal satellite dish.

  • How can I report issues in my neighbourhood?

    You can find out who your Neighbourhood Officer is on the ‘Housing Officer’ page in your My Rosebery account.

    You can also message them directly through your account.

Rosebery Housing Association Limited is a charitable registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. Registered No. IP27671R. Registered Provider LH4026.
Select a contrast level
Select a font size
Send message