We are committed to helping our residents find employment and training opportunities. This includes providing:
- A weekly Job Hub run by the ETHOS Project.
- One to One Employment Advice with an ETHOS Advisor.
- Free Training Courses.
- Funding of up to £1,000 towards training (such as college course fees, course materials/equipment).
We work with the ETHOS Project to help residents into work and training. Nanette Chandler is an ETHOS Employment Advisor and she runs the Job Hub for Rosebery residents every Friday from 12pm to 2pm at the Epsom Methodist Church on Ashley Road (laptops and internet access are provided). Nanette also holds one-to-one appointments at the Epsom Council building. Support that she provides includes:
- Helping to draft a CV.
- Writing covering letters to employers.
- Assisting with job searches and applications.
- Practising interview questions.
- Helping with searches and applications for training courses.
If you’d like to make an appointment with Nanette, please call 07904 908871 or send an email.
Free training courses
We work with partnering organisations to offer you a range of free training courses, including the Workers Educational Association (WEA). Our courses have included basic and more advanced Computer Skills training and CV writing. We keep you updated on these courses through our website news, social media pages (Twitter and Facebook) and our monthly newsletter.
Brighter Futures Fund
As training is one of the key factors to finding employment, we also offer funding to help you pursue your individual training needs. The aim is for this training to help you into employment. Our Brighter Futures Fund enables you to apply for up to £1,000 to use towards a course. Examples of courses where this money has been used includes beauty salon training and accountancy training.