Money Support

If you are unable to pay your rent or are struggling to pay other bills, please contact us as soon as possible, as the earlier we talk to you, the sooner we can help. Message our Tenancy Sustainment Officers (TSOs) through your My Rosebery account, or give us a call.

There are certain bills that have serious consequences if you do not pay them. For example, rent is a priority debt and should be paid first. If you don’t pay them, the consequences can include:

  • Losing your home due to rent arrears.
  • Having your gas or electricity supply cut off.

Non-priority debts usually have less serious consequences. However, the people you owe money to could sue you, resulting in a County Court Judgement.

How to Deal With Debt:

Step 1

  • Do not ignore the problem.
  • If you have lost your job or are off work because of illness, check that you’re claiming all the benefits you are entitled to.
  • Do not borrow money to pay off your debts without getting advice first, as borrowing could lead to you getting further into debt.

Step 2

  • Work out your personal budget.
  • Put forward a reasonable offer of regular payment to creditors.
  • Tackle your priority debts first.
  • Contact everyone you owe money to and explain your situation.
  • Keep trying to reach an agreement, even if creditors are difficult.

Step 3 

  •  If you are taken to court, then you need to complete the defense documents provided by the court.
  • Always attend court hearings and take a copy of your financial statement with you.
  • Keep copies of any letters or forms you send and receive.
  • If you consider borrowing money as an option, it’s important to keep up the repayments otherwise you could be taken to court and might lose your home.
  • Organisations that provide free support for people in need

    Rosebery’s Tenancy Sustainment service

    Citizens Advice local contact numbers:

    • Epsom & Ewell: 0808 278 7963
    • Reigate & Banstead: 0844 411 1444
    • Guildford: 01483 576699
    • Tandridge: 01883 344777
    • Crawley: 0844 477 1171
    • Runnymede: 01932 827187

    Or visit the main Citizens Advice Website

    Boom! Credit Union

    Boom! is a credit union for people who live or work in West Sussex, Surrey or Kingston. We give local people access to fair and affordable loans, savings accounts and prepaid card.


    Parashoot advisors can visit you in your own home. If you’d like to speak with a member of Parashoot then phone us on 01372 814 000 and we’ll arrange for them to contact you.

    Christians Against Poverty (CAP)

    CAP can carry out visits in your own home. Call them free on 0800 328 0006 or from a mobile on 01274 760 839. For more information visit CAP.

    National Debtline

    Stepchange Debt Charity


Rosebery Housing is a trading name of Town and Country Housing, which is a subsidiary within the Peabody Group and is a charitable Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, registered with the Financial Conduct Authority No. 30167R. Registered office: Town and Country Housing, Monson House, Monson Way, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1LQ. Rosebery Housing provides housing and repair services to customers in Surrey and West Sussex, supporting sustainable communities by forging strong partnerships, working closely with local customers and creating local jobs.

Select a contrast level
Select a font size
Send message