From Thursday 1 April 2021, Council Tax Support will be replaced by Council Tax Income Discount (CTID) for working age residents in Epsom & Ewell.
The discount is administered by Epsom & Ewell Borough Council to reduce the amount of Council Tax charged for people who are on a low income or are unemployed. To apply for CTID you must:
- be of working age;
- be liable to pay Council Tax for your property;
- be living in the property as your
- main home; and
- have less than £6,000 in savings.
If you currently receive Council Tax Support and you are of working age, then you need to make a new claim for Council Tax Income Discount.
Those who are of pensionable age should continue to claim Council tax Support.
Applications must be made online via the Epsom & Ewell Borough Council website.
If you need any help in making an application, please get in touch and our Tenancy Sustainment Officers will support you. They are here to help you with your income related issues. Here is some feedback they recently received:
- “Thanks for all your help over the last couple of years. You have been amazing, and I appreciate everything you have done. You do more than expected and make sure that people get all the help they can.”
- “I cannot thank you enough for the help and assistance you gave in these dark days. You are an angel. I thank you and all Rosebery Housing Association team.”
- “Thank you for organising a foodbank delivery for me and my family during this difficult time.”