Our Tenancy Sustainment Officers will be offering one-to-one advice sessions on benefits and income at the Epsom and Ewell Foodbanks. Sherrie has given us a brief explanation of what they have been up to:
“I help with the preparation of Foodbank donations as well as carrying out my TSO role and providing advice and support to a varied audience of existing, former and non Rosebery residents.
Meeting with other members of the public and showing some community spirit helps break down barriers around engagement and I have managed to connect with residents who would not have approached Rosebery for support in the conventional way. The specific advice I give advice and support I can provide is with Universal Credit, changes and the older legacy benefits, Benefit Cap, Bedroom Tax, and a lot more.”
Come talk to our Tenancy Sustainment Officers in the Epsom and Ewell Foodbank Centres on these dates (all sessions run from 2pm-4pm):
- Wednesday 20 November 2019 – Ruxley Church.
- Friday 6 December 2019 – Epsom Methodist Church.
- Wednesday 18 December 2019 – Ruxley Chuch.
- Friday 10 January 2020 – Epsom Methodist Church.
- Wednesday 22 January 2020 – Ruxley Church.
Epsom and Ewell Foodbank addresses:
- Epsom Methodist Church, Ashley Road, Epsom, KT18 5AQ.
- Ruxley Church, Ruxley Lane, Ewell, KT19 0HY.
- Telephone: 0208 786 8221.
The Tenancy Sustainment Officers will be able to give you advice on:
- Universal Credit.
- The benefit cap.
- The bedroom tax.
- How to make sure you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to.
- Signposting to other services including ETHOS for employment advice and Epsom & Ewell Citizens Advice for support with debt.
If you would like more information, please contact us.