We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2019, taking place from Monday 16 September to Sunday 22 September.
Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is coordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. CO is a highly poisonous gas that can kill quickly with no warning, as you cannot see it, taste it or smell it.
Our top tips on gas safety are:
- Jump start your heating before winter. It is easy to forget about your heating system over a warm winter, but if your boiler is left off too long it could cause you a few issues.
- Take note of your annual gas safety check date and book a check with TBrown a month or two before it is due.
- Know the symptoms of Carbon Dioxide poisoning; headaches, nausea, breathlessness, collapsing, dizziness and loss of consciousness.
- Never attempt to work on a gas appliance yourself. Always seek the help of a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.
- If you smell gas or think there might be a gas leak, call the free 24-hour national gas emergency number immediately – 0800 111 999.
We also have a handy Gas Services and Repairs page on our website with FAQs.
Our gas contractor is TBrown. You can contact them on 0800 0939 447 or 0208 786 1241 (from a mobile). You can also report it via their website.