Committed to helping our residents cope with the Universal Credit (UC) benefit system, we are working with the Job Centre Plus and Epsom & Ewell CAB to run an event offering people advice and support. It will be held on Thursday 25 April 2019 at Job Centre Plus in Epsom from 10am-12pm.
This event will give you an opportunity to ask any questions you have about UC and get advice on your own personal circumstances. Issues may include:
- Who is entitled to UC and how much it will be.
- How to claim UC for the first time.
- The length of time for the first payment to be authorised.
- How UC payments are affected once a person starts employment.
Each agency offers a wide range of support on UC, debt management, employment and training.
UC is intended to be simpler than the previous system of benefits and is paid into a claimant’s bank account on a monthly basis. It was rolled out gradually to job centres in 2013, replacing six existing means-tested benefits:
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance.
- Housing Benefit.
- Child Tax Credit.
- Working Tax Credits.
If you would like more information or to register for this event please contact Rosebery Housing Association 01372 814 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.