Christmas time conjures up images of log fires, turkey dinners, Christmas shopping, presents, family, friends and happy times. But for many this can be a very lonely and isolating time especially for those who are elderly, frail, unable to join in or have no or limited family or friends who can visit. But this isn’t just at Christmas time it can be all year round.
Volunteers can make a real difference – Just an hour or so of your time once a week can bring a smile and friendship to someone who has no one to talk to.
Age Concern Epsom & Ewell provide many opportunities and services to support and empower older people in our community, but need help and support from volunteers.
- Do you love to talk to people and have a cup of tea?
- Could you accompany someone to a Day Centre?
- Do you like to go to garden centres and could take someone with you?
- Could you help someone to go clothes or present shopping?
- Do you drive and could take someone to a medical appointment?
- Could you help Age Concern to raise funds?
- Perhaps you have a specialist skill that could help Age Concern with?
There are many exciting opportunities for volunteering roles within Age Concern Epsom & Ewell. Please contact Liz Hope (Volunteers Co-Ordinator) and find out how to enrich your life for just a few hours a month.
Find out more about volunteering contact: Liz Hope, Volunteers Co-ordinator at Age Concern on email email@example.com or call 01372 732458.