Types of Housing

General Needs (rental)

We own and manage over 1,700 homes for rental. These are generally for people in housing need, who may be on a low income, not working, or in receipt of benefits (because they may be caring for their family). When a general needs property becomes available to rent, we'll receive a nomination from your local council. If you want to apply to live in one of our homes, you'll need to register on your local council's Housing Register.


Housing for Older People

We have housing schemes for people who are over 55 who still want to lead active, independent lives. We own three schemes, all based in Epsom.

For information on our schemes and how to apply see our section on Housing for Older People    


Temporary Accommodation

Over 150 of our properties are used to house people who are homeless. We are the main provider of temporary accommodation (TA) in the Boroughs of Epsom & Ewell, Crawley and Guildford. Each Borough nominates homeless households and we manage the tenancy. 
Click here for more details on TA


Shared Ownership

Also know as 'Part-Buy, Part-Rent', this scheme helps people who cannot afford to buy a home outright. They can buy a share of a property, such as 40%, and then pay rent on the remaining percentage. We have over 200 shared ownership properties. For more information on how to become a shared owner with us visit Buying a home


Leasehold Properties

About 400 of our residents are leaseholders, which includes people who bought their flat when our properties were owned by Epsom & Ewell Borough Council, people who were tenants at this time and have bought their flats since, or people who have purchased one one of our leasehold flats on the open market. We're responsible for managing and maintaining the building and communal areas of these homes. For more information, please visit our Leaseholder section