Support with Paying My Rent

If you’re finding it difficult to pay your rent, it’s important that you get in touch with us straight away so the debt doesn’t build up. We can look at different ways to help you.

If you fall behind with your payments and don’t speak to us, you might lose your home so you must contact us. 

We have dedicated Tenancy Sustainment Officers who are here to support you.  They can provide you with advice and guidance when it comes to:

  • Making rent payments

  • Benefit options

  • Debt advice

  • Utility savings

  • Training and employment opportunities


TSO Leaflet

Our Tenancy Sustainment officers (TSOs) work in partnership with various different agencies and organisations, so that they can offer you as much support as possible.  To find out more about these services, visit the TSO website page.You can also arrange to make an appointment to see them by calling our Customer Experience Team. For more information download the TSO leaflet.


Citizens Advice offers support to people who need help with their financial situation. This is a free service which is confidential and open to anyone. Advisors can check that you’re receiving all the benefits you’re entitled to and work out the best way of paying off your debt. 

Here are telephone numbers and website links for branches in your local areas.   

Epsom & Ewell 0300 330 1164
Mole Valley 08444 111444
Reigate & Banstead 08444 111444
Runnymede 01932 765041 (Sunbury office)
01932 842666 (Addlestone office)
Guildford 01483 576699
Crawley 0844 477 1171
Tandridge 01883 344777

If you do not pay your rent or decide to ignore a debt problem, we’ll take a number of steps to deal with this. This will include letting you know that you're behind with your rent and working out a payment plan with you.  

In the most serious cases of rent arrears, you may be served with a Notice of Seeking Possession. This is the start of the legal action we could take against you. This could be followed by a possession order, meaning you may have to attend Court or, at worst, being evicted from your home.